|Arctic Geotourism is a tourism
company located in the coastal town of Skjervøy in the
Municipality of Skjervøy in North Troms at latitude 70°
N. The company try to live up to the consept ”geotourism”.
Arctic Geotourism ensures that the local Saami and Kven cultures
are conveyed in a genuine and committed manner. Treating traffic
in the vulnerable Arctic nature with caution is also an important
|Our cultural and
- The company’s owner-operator is educated as a historian
and teacher at the University of Tromsø, including
studies in geology, archaeology and history, and has experience
at museums and secondary schools in Troms.
- He has served as chairman of the Skjervøy and North
Troms Historic Society.
- He has researched Kven and Saami culture and history in
North Troms and North Calotte and offers guided excursions and illustated lectures about Saami
and Kven culture in North Troms and out from Tromsø.
- received financial support from Innovation
Norway to develop/assess a cultural heritage trail on Arnøy.
Arctic Geotourism is a knowledge-seeking business.
- Company owner was a contributor at the Workshop for Hurtigruten
Group arranged by Nils Gaup, September 2006
- 2007-2008: the owner participate in extension travel and
tourism education organised by the Finnmark University College
- 2008: The companys owner developed the project ”Nord
i nord” (North to North) on Solhov in Lyngen, a great
- 2009: owner authorised as a nature and cultural english guide for
- company owner chariman for: The NorthTromsland.no,
a company working for pormoting tourism of the North Troms
- companys owner participated on a workshop in Arkangelsk,
Solovki for developing Festival-tourism in the Barents aera.
Participians from Russia and Norway.
- 2011/2012: Developed the Saami Coast with a brochure in English about Saami Culture in North-Troms